Pharaoh Ants In Your Kitchen? How to Safely And Successfully Get Rid Of Them In Kittitas County
August 1, 2023
While total ant removal can be challenging for many species, pharaoh ants can be incredibly persistent. These unwanted guests are tiny and invasive. They are also notorious for infesting anything from homes to hospitals. Originating from Africa, they have spread to various parts of the world to become significant household pests. They are known for their large colonies and for being difficult to control.
In this blog, we will review how pharaoh ants differ from other species and the hidden risks they bring. We will also cover proactive measures to keep them out and how professional solutions can help you achieve total ant control. Prosite Pest Control can help with reliable pest control in Kittitas County if these problematic invaders have taken over your home.
Pharaoh Ants: How To Distinguish Them From Other Ants
Distinguishing pharaoh ants from other ant species in Kittitas County can be challenging. Most ants around the area are tiny and have a relatively similar appearance. Still, there are several key characteristics to help identify them.
Pharaoh ants are about 1/16 of an inch long and light yellow to reddish-brown, with two nodes, or segments, between their thorax and abdomen. You can also tell them apart by their behavior. They are known for their erratic movements and the fact that they often form long trails along walls and baseboards. They love sugary and protein-rich foods.
Another distinguishing factor is their nesting habits. Pharaoh ants prefer warm, humid areas like those in kitchens and bathrooms. They also nest in hard-to-reach spots like wall voids and electrical outlets.
If you suspect you have a pharaoh ant infestation, it is time to look for local ant control. Read on to learn about the hidden risks they can bring.
Pharaoh Ant Infestations: The Hidden Risks They Bring
Pharaoh ant infestations can lead to many problems. These unwanted insects are small and can nest in inconspicuous areas. They can also quickly spread and multiply, making eradication difficult.
One of the most significant issues with this species is that they can contaminate food sources and surfaces with pathogens and bacteria. Moreover, pharaoh ants are attracted to electrical wiring. Their nesting habits can lead to short circuits or electrical fires.
Unfortunately, eliminating them isn't as simple as using DIY treatments and store-bought products. Improper use of pesticides can lead to harmful chemical exposure, and these invaders have developed resistance to some commonly used brands, making total eradication even more challenging.
The most effective approach is to rely on professional pest control services. Our Prosite Pest Control ant exterminators can safely and strategically eliminate pharaoh ants and keep your loved ones safe.
Pharaoh Ant Extermination: Professional Solutions For Total Control
Pharaoh ant extermination requires professional solutions for total elimination due to their resilient nature and complex nesting habits.
Here are some essential steps that we use to keep them out of your home:
- Thorough inspections: Our experienced ant exterminators will comprehensively assess your home to locate all nesting sites and ant trails.
- Monitoring: Regular monitoring is essential to ensure the strategies work throughout the seasons and to identify any remaining ant activity right after treatments.
- Eliminating attractants: We will recommend prevention tips like minimizing food sources, closing off entry points to prevent future infestations, eliminating moisture sources, and maintaining your landscaping.
- Safe but effective treatments: We use environmentally conscious pest control products to eliminate pests while protecting your household, including your pets.
- Follow-up visits: We provide complimentary re-treatments if necessary to keep your home pest-free for good, in addition to our monthly, bimonthly, and quarterly service plans.
Our home pest control plans cover pharaoh ants and provide practical and reliable treatments for long-term ant control that perfectly complement proactive measures.
Proactive Measures To Keep Pharaoh Ants Out: Tips And Techniques
Proactive measures are essential to prevent pharaoh ants from infesting your home. Here are some ant control tips and techniques to keep them out:
- Clean your kitchen and dining room clean, especially after cooking and eating.
- Seal all entry points to block potential entryways for ants.
- Use airtight food containers and avoid leaving sweet or fatty ingredients out.
- Fix leaks and prioritize proper ventilation in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Schedule periodic inspections to identify potential ant issues before they become significant problems.
These proactive measures can significantly reduce the risk of pharaoh ant infestations, but nothing beats help from the pros.
Prosite Pest Control is the leading ant exterminator in Kittitas County. Call us today to schedule a consultation.