Wildlife Control Services: Safeguarding Your Kittitas County Home From Unwanted Visitors
July 11, 2023
All wildlife animals are an important part of a healthy ecosystem. They each have a vital role to play when it comes to protecting the many aspects of nature. While these animals are beneficial, and some might be entertaining to watch while you are strolling through the park, they can cause a lot of problems if they try to live in or around your home.
At Prosite Pest Control, our Kittitas County pest control technicians have experience with wildlife control and prevention for residential areas. Here is a look at some of the most effective ways to keep your home safe from invasive and dangerous wildlife.
Common Nuisance Wildlife Found In Kittitas County
A variety of wildlife animals reside in residential areas in Kittitas County. Some types of wildlife you are likely to see around your yard or in your home include squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, raccoons, and marmots. All of these animals prefer to live outdoors. However, a lack of food or cold weather conditions could drive these pests into your home, which could cause a plethora of problems for you and your family.
Nuisance Wildlife Can Spread Disease And Damage Property
The types of wildlife in Kittitas County can cause property damage if they invade your yard or home. Here is a closer look at some of the damage that these common wildlife pests can cause:
- Squirrels: These mischievous little rodents can chew through the siding of your home and the insulation, wires, and cables around your house. They can also spread dangerous diseases through their droppings, which include ringworm and tularemia.
- Skunks: Skunks can spray a foul-smelling liquid on you or your pets if you get too close. Some people may be allergic to the odorous liquid and could experience severe side effects. They also carry rabies and can spread other dangerous diseases, such as salmonellosis and distemper.
- Marmots: These large rodents can cause damage to your garden and landscape. They also climb under the hood of vehicles and chew through various cables.
- Chipmunks: Chipmunks chew through the walls of homes and destroy insulation and the electrical wires in a house. They can also spread various diseases, including salmonellosis, hantavirus, and certain bacterial infections.
- Raccoons: Racoons are strong and smart animals. They will tip over your garbage cans, rip apart your vents, and destroy the siding on your home. Once inside your home, they can spread harmful diseases, including parvovirus, distemper virus, and rabies.
If any of these animals get into your home, it could cause a lot of expensive damage and be hazardous to your health. Contacting a professional Kittitas County wildlife control specialist is always a good idea when you first spot a wildlife animal lurking around your home.
Naturally Effective Tips To Prevent Nuisance Wildlife
Wildlife animals will come into your home and property in search of food. Make sure that you have a locking lid on your trash cans, and don’t leave your pet's food and water dishes outside. If you have bird feeders around your yard, removing them or moving them as far away from your home is a good idea.
The Most Effective Wildlife Management For Your Property
The safest way to get rid of wildlife around your Kittitas County home is to call our professionals at Prosite Pest Control. We can remove these destructive and dangerous animals from your property and home. We will also work with you to develop a comprehensive prevention plan that will keep them away for good. Reach out today for help with wildlife and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Kittitas County.