What To Do About Dirty Roaches In Your Yakima County Home
May 11, 2023
Cockroaches are common pests that invade Yakima County homes. These resourceful, creepy, dirty insects can live, eat, and breed in your home for a long time before you become aware of them. Roaches are highly adaptable, making them incredibly challenging to eliminate without help from a Yakima County pest control company.
This article will explain more about roaches, the signs that they are in your house, and the various health problems associated with an infestation. Read on to learn more, including how to get rid of cockroaches for good, from the pros at Prosite.
How To Tell If You Have A Roach Problem In Your Home
Cockroaches are nocturnal insects that do their best to avoid contact with people. Their reclusive nature makes it harder to spot an infestation than it would be with other, more noticeable pests.
But there are some signs of a cockroach infestation that can help you tell if you have a problem, including:
- Cockroach eggs in your home may be affixed to surfaces or under furniture.
- Roach droppings that look like black pepper, smears, or cylinders, depending on the species.
- Cockroaches molt as they mature, and you might find their shed skins around your home.
- Roaches produce pheromones that create a musty smell in your home, especially with large infestations.
Cockroaches are prolific breeders, and an infestation can quickly become severe. If you spot any signs of these pests, contact Prosite immediately to eliminate them and protect your family.
Why Cockroach Infestations Are Such A Health Hazard
All types of cockroaches that infest homes in Yakima County are hazardous to your health. Considering the number of bacteria, pathogens, and parasites that they carry, roaches are one pest that deserves their bad reputation. They spread these diseases throughout your home and will contaminate any food they come in contact with.
In addition to the many pathogens they carry on their bodies, cockroach urine, saliva, and feces contain proteins that can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks. It is critical to eliminate an infestation as quickly as possible to limit exposure to these health hazards. If you notice any signs of cockroaches in your Yakima County home, contact us at Prosite for assistance in eradicating them.
How To Identify And Remove Factors That Attract Roaches
Prevention is the best form of cockroach control in Yakima County available. Here are some of the factors you can repair or remove that may attract them:
- Many cockroach species have high moisture needs, so repair any leaks or areas with high humidity.
- Store trash in containers with tight lids and frequently clean the receptacles.
- Don’t leave food out in your house, including pet food.
- Install mesh screens over drains and vents.
- Seal cracks and crevices around your house that may allow them to enter.
- Keep your home clean and tidy.
Keeping roaches out can be much easier than removing them once they get inside. Prosite is here to help you get rid of your roach problem and can help you find even more ways to prevent them from getting in.
What It Takes To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Home
It takes professional expertise and products to eradicate cockroach infestations. Over-the-counter roach control products are not enough to handle this pest. Often, these products can only treat the roaches you can see, usually only the adults, leaving the eggs behind to mature.
Prosite offers effective cockroach pest control in Yakima County to help you eliminate these dangerous pests. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Yakima County.