Steps Ellensburg Residents Can Take Now To Minimize Mosquitoes
March 28, 2019
How much do you consider mosquitoes to be a pest? Do you let them bite you without a care in the world, or are you a slapper who gets more and more irritated with every bite? Either way, you may not be giving mosquitoes as much thought as you should be. Regardless of how irritated these tiny bloodsuckers make you, there is one thing many people overlook, and that is the potential dangers that come with each new bite. Although it is not true that all mosquitoes carry diseases, there is always the possibility of being bitten by one that is carrying one. This is where mosquitoes go from being annoying to potentially life-changing.
Problems Mosquitoes Can Cause
If you are bitten by a mosquito carrying a dangerous disease, your life could change rather quickly for the worse. Some of the most common mosquito-transmitted diseases in America include Zika virus, Dengue, malaria, and West Nile virus, none of which we would ever wish on anyone. In fact, it is our job to do everything we can to keep this from happening to you or anyone else. To do this, for starters, here are some tips to keep mosquitoes off of your property.
First, a few things you should know:
- Mosquitoes are horrible flyers
- Mosquitoes require still water to lay their eggs
- If Mosquitoes are on your property, they were probably born nearby
With these facts in mind, consider these three simple tricks to reducing mosquito activity on your property.
- Look for and eliminate any sources of stagnant water that could be used as mosquito-breeding grounds.
- Install fans around outdoor lounging areas. Even a light breeze will make landing, for mosquitoes, extremely difficult.
- Call in the professionals. Nothing works better to removing and keep mosquitoes off of your property than professional pest control.
Why Professional Pest Control Is Your Best Option
Although DIY can be helpful in reducing mosquitoes on your property, it is not a 100% fix. Often times it is impossible to eliminate all potential breeding sites, especially if your neighbor has them on their property. The best way to get and keep mosquitoes off your property is with professional pest control. Here at Prosite, we offer just that. Our pest technicians have been trained to tailor treatment methods for every new home and property they visit and would be happy to find a solution for you. If you are looking to stay safe from mosquitoes this summer, you know who to contact. We readily await your call.