How To Find Bed Bugs In Your Yakima County Home
April 15, 2022
An essential part of bed bug control is knowing how to check for bed bugs and understanding when to rely on pest control in Yakima County to eliminate infestations. Our article gives you all the tips you need to know to find this pest and learn how to get rid of bed bugs for good.
How To Properly Check For Bed Bugs
Knowing how to check for bed bugs is vital if you want to look for infestations of this pest around your Yakima County home or check for bed bugs at any office, school, or accommodation area you may be in.
- When staying in any hotel or motel, pull back the sheets and check the corners of mattresses. You should not stay in that room if you see bed bug bodies or signs of bed bug staining (this will be a reddish-brown color).
- When in another building, such as a train station, school, library, or office, check for bed bug staining on walls, along the seams of the furniture, and in hidden gaps or cracks.
- If you purchase second-hand items, use a gloved hand to check along seams of furniture or in the cracks of appliances. The item is infested if you see staining or unearth bed bug bodies.
- You can also check for bed bugs by leaving second-hand items on a white sheet outside. If bed bug bodies drop off overnight, don't use the item.
Bed Bug Hiding Spots
Expert bed bug control always starts with knowing where bed bug hiding spots are. Armed with information about the hiding spots listed below, you can complete an even more thorough check for this pest and know when to reach out to local pest control for bed bugs.
- Cracks in walls
- Seams of furniture
- On beds, especially the corners of mattresses and box springs
- In the gaps of floorboards or baseboards
- Under cushions on public transportation
- In the gaps of appliances
What To Do If You Find Bed Bugs
If you do find bed bugs around your home, your first step should be contacting local pest control for bed bugs. The professionals at Prosite Pest Control are experts in pest control to kill bed bugs and will provide you with effective, targeted solutions that are sure to rid your home of any infestation of this pest. The experts can also help you safeguard your home against future infestations so you can be sure that you are protected from bed bugs year-round.
How To Prevent Future Bed Bug Infestations
A crucial part of knowing how to get rid of bed bugs is instituting prevention tactics for this pest. The steps below, in addition to targeted pest control to kill bed bugs, can help you stop infestations of this pest before they indeed get started.
- When traveling, consider vacuum-sealing your clothes to keep unwanted pests out. Also, wash all your clothes in hot water when returning home to kill any hitchhiking bugs.
- Place your luggage on elevated surfaces in accommodation areas or on your lap in areas like airports to prevent bed bugs from crawling inside.
- Use a flashlight or gloved hand to check any building or office you are in for signs of bed bugs hiding in the walls or furniture.
- Leave second-hand items out overnight to see if bed bugs fall off a white sheet. If they do, don’t bring the item inside.