One Guest You Do Not Want In Your Grandview Home This Winter
October 16, 2019
It is not uncommon for homeowners to have guests in the winter. With many prominent holidays and vacations coming up, many people will be either traveling to stay with family or preparing their home for the family to come to them. The only problem is, some of the potential guests are not human. They are, however, planning on sharing your meals, stealing your warmth, and ruining your peace of mind.
Why Rodents Invade In Winter
By now you know we are talking about rodents. What you may not have guessed is why rodents will be invading this winter. You see, although rodents have fur, they prefer to stay out of the cold when the temperatures drop outside. This desire drives them into homes. Once inside, rodents look for reasons to stay. They then build nests and begin to multiply. Just a few rodents at the beginning of winter could turn into a whole lot more by the time spring rolls around.
How Dangerous Are Rodents?
When is the last time you cut a wire in your wall or chopped through a utility pipe, causing water to spill out and damage the wood of your home? Are you looking for someone or rather something to do this? If so, a rodent is the perfect choice! They will chew right through everything in their path regardless of what it might mean to their (or your) personal safety. If that’s not enough, rodents can also make you sick. That’s right. Rodents are known vectors for several dangerous diseases which they spread through their fecal matter and urine. To top it all off, rodents can carry fleas, mites, and ticks into your home, all of which pose their own set of problems. Long story short, rodents are the last guests you want taking up residence in your Grandview home this winter.
5 Rodent Prevention Tips
- Keep your yard clutter-free so rodents cannot hide close to your home.
- Make sure all of your trashcans have tight-fitting lids so that rodents can’t hop in for a snack.
- Use a caulking gun and wire mesh to seal potential entryways in your home’s exterior foundation. Rodents can get through almost any small opening. If it is not big enough to squeeze through, they can sometimes chew it bigger.
- Store all leftover foods inside airtight containers where rodents cannot gain access.
- Clean your home regularly, making sure to target areas rodents might look for food such as under furniture and appliances.
The Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Mice
Hopefully, the above tips help you keep your home rodent-free this winter. However, if rodents do manage to find their way inside, we have a quick solution for you. Here at Prosite Pest Control, we offer emergency rodent control services. Using-top-of-the-line traps and bait, we will have your home rodent-free in no time. All you have to do is give us a call. We will show you why Prosite is your best choice for rodent control.