Keeping Odorous House Ants Away From Your Kittitas County Home
May 25, 2022
Don't let ants invade your home and make it stink! There's a specific species of ant that can cause an unpleasant odor when they infest your property - the Odorous house ant. These ants can be a nuisance and also bring disease-causing bacteria into your home. That's why it's essential to take action immediately if you suspect that you have an infestation of odorous ants. For same-day service, call a Kittitas pest control expert near you.
Do Odorous House Ants In My Home Mean It's Dirty?
The short answer is no. Odorous house ants are not necessarily a sign that your home is dirty. They can infest any property, regardless of how clean or messy it is. However, if you do have an infestation of these ants, it's important to take action to get rid of them as soon as possible to avoid any potential problems.
Some of the reasons behind an odorous house ant infestation include:
- A food source: These ants are attracted to sweet or sugary foods. If you have any food items left out, such as a plate of cookies or an open soda can, the ants will be drawn to it.
- Weather conditions: The warmer weather attracts these ants and encourages them to move around more. This means that you may see a lot more of them in your home during the summer months than at any other time of year.
- Nesting sites: The ants need shelter and protection from predators, so they may enter your home to find somewhere safe for their nest.
Should you notice odorous house ants in Kittitas County, act immediately by calling a pest control professional. They'll be able to help get rid of these pests and keep them from returning.
Will Odorous House Ants Go Away On Their Own?
No. If you have an infestation of odorous house ants, they'll not go away on their own. In fact, if there's an odorous house ant queen in your home, the colony can increase and become a significant problem. It's important to take action immediately if you suspect that you have an infestation of these ants.
As tempting as it may be, don't try to get rid of the ants yourself. Cutting corners to save money by trying to get rid of them yourself may seem like a good idea at first, but it can end up costing you more in the long run.
You could end up with an even bigger infestation than before or, worse yet, cause damage to your home from improper use of pesticides.
How To Prevent Reinfestation In Your Home
As a homeowner, the last thing you want is for ants to invade your home again after you've just had them removed. There are a few things that you can do to help prevent this from occurring and keep the pests away:
- Store food in airtight containers; this will help keep the ants from being attracted.
- Clean up any spills or crumbs immediately, as the ants are drawn to these and will be more likely to infest your home if they're left uncleaned.
- Keep your house clean and free of clutter to make it difficult for the ants to find a place to nest.
Having said that, the best way to get rid of odorous house ants is to call a pest control professional. They have the experience and expertise to get rid of these ants quickly and safely.
How Can I Get Rid Of Odorous House Ants Permanently?
Odorous house ants can be very stubborn and hard-to-reach insects. For this reason, it's best to call a professional pest control firm to get rid of them permanently. For odorous house ant control, contact Prosite Pest Control. We use environmentally friendly products, and our trained technicians know exactly how to get rid of these pesky insects fast.